Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas in October

My youngest sister and brother-in-law and their little ankle biter moved to Germany the end of October. They are missionaries to the Germany speaking people and look forward to starting a baptist church or two in the country. They made their last journey to the Midwest a few weeks prior to their departure. We could hardly stand the thought of them missing out on one of the traditional Chamberlain Christmas celebrations. So, we brought Christmas up a couple of months and celebrated with the Radanks one last time - yes, in early October. And many thanks to our wonderful aunt who obliged us with a tree and all the Christmas fixins. We dined on authentic Mexican food (a favorite quisine), whacked a pumpkin pinata (coordinating with quisine + October), and sat around a Christmas tree and opened gifts (cuz we wanted to). No stone left unturned here!
My sister and her darling husband.
IMG_8974
IMG_9144
A special gift for our almot 90-year-old Grandma.
IMG_9137
IMG_9138
I think she liked it...
IMG_9132
It's just my size!
IMG_9108
IMG_9099
IMG_9080
Just to prove we had the above mentioned pumpkin pinata...
IMG_8678
oh, and that's my husband under the mask, btw.
IMG_9067-2
IMG_8993
And some good eats...
IMG_8981
This was seriously THE BEST apple thingamagig I've ever had!
IMG_8980
IMG_8976
Cousins having a good time together.
IMG_8962
My crazy son.
IMG_8940
My adorable niece.
IMG_8934
And my little me.
IMG_8933
The last time all the cousins will be together for a few years.
IMG_8886
IMG_8859
IMG_8799
IMG_8753
IMG_8742
IMG_8724
IMG_8697
This, my friends, is my darling husband!
IMG_8658
Nana Great and my sweet nephew.
IMG_8652
IMG_8655
IMG_8631
My sisters and I are preacher's kids. We grew up singing in church and in various competitions. Kelly and I spent our last day together recording a CD. Don't be fooled by the following serious-looking expressions. We were quite cozy in this tiny recording "studio" and it made for some hilarious memories we'll laugh about for years to come.
IMG_8612
IMG_8621
IMG_9159
My kids are very confused this year. We had an early Christmas with my sister's family in October. Then a November Christmas with my husband's family (which, fortunate for you ;-), you'll see in a following post). And now, the "real Christmas" is just around the corner. Oh, and you'll get a nice view of those pictures, too. Can't wait, can you?
Bob & Kelly - we are SO proud of you and excited for you. Thank God for the modern conveniences we now enjoy and appreciate (web cams and Skype). I think I miss you less and spend more time with you now than I have in years! I know virtual visits aren't quite as warm and fuzzy as the real deal, but I'm so thankful that we have the opportunity to hang out on the computer. Oh...we'll see a picture of our hanging out together in a Thanksgiving post to come. Love you guys tons and tons!!! Can't wait to come for a visit.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP