Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Littlest Pianist

I've been playing the piano since I was...well...as long as I can remember. I didn't take lessons until I was 11. My first teacher was a little green and since I had a pretty good ear, I'd ask her to play my upcoming song, thus allowing me to ignore the notes and play what I had heard my teacher perform for me. By the time I was 14 and found a new teacher, I had formed many bad habits. The Lord was so good to me when he brought me across Mrs. Nebel's path. She had my number on day one and she set me straight in no time! At the time it was a bit intimidating but on this side of it, I can't begin to say how thankful that I am for her vast wealth of knowledge and every slap of her stick on my poor hands! (just kidding...she never beat me with a stick...but her unsaid words were all over her face...the look that only a teacher can give that cuts right to the heart of the matter) While I love playing the piano, I find that I'm not the best teacher in the world. While I have a few students right now, I couldn't bring myself to torment my own kids with my painful teaching abilities. I was delighted when one of our church members introduced me to Mrs. Anderson! Kent had his first lesson with her in October and I'm thrilled to see his progress in just a few weeks.
IMG_2833
Isn't she the cutest little piano teacher?
IMG_2832
Mrs. Anderson has many students and even has a coat and hat rack just for her little people. Kent, being the cowboy that he is, utilizes the entry supplies.
IMG_2826
Kent learned how to ride his bike without training wheels at the end of the summer. His great Aunt San sent over a new big boy bike for him.
IMG_2845
She also sent this wonderful toy - the perfect gift for this very active child of mine.
IMG_2849

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP