Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Barb is getting married!

One of the wonderful ladies in our church threw a bridal shower for her daughter, Barb on Saturday. And let me tell you, the cake was delicious! Well yeah, so was the beautiful bride-to-be. :)

IMG_0483

This soon-to-be couple will be travelling much of their lives as the minister in churches across the country with music. Doncha just love the awesome suitcase.


IMG_0484

Mother-of-the-bride barking out instructions. That's what mothers-of-the-bride do, right? It's the one time they can and everyone hops into position without batting an eye. I wanna be a mother-of-the-bride every day :)

IMG_0507

The games were great! I have been to many showers and these were some of the best games I've played. So fun!

IMG_0512

IMG_0514


Mom giving bride some helpful clues.


IMG_0521

Sister-in-law and party planner extraordinaire.

IMG_0523

Kind of obvious these two are related, huh?

IMG_0529

Some good laughs at this party.

IMG_0535

IMG_0536


IMG_0540


IMG_0541


IMG_0547


IMG_0549

I think this "disagreement" was followed by hardy laughter. I think I remember that correctly. Or was this that part where some of the attendees stormed off? j/k

IMG_0556

IMG_0565

IMG_0569

The bride was encouraged to practice "cutting the cake." She'll certainly get it right at the wedding now. We did not practice the delicate nature with which she will feed her man. I have it on good authority he is going to come away from the cake feeding with a snout full. j/k KW. :)

IMG_0591

love, love, love this thoughtful gift from her little cousin.

IMG_0594

Every bridal shower has at least one unmentionable. Sorry...no pictures of the contents folks.

IMG_0599

Everyone was encouraged to give the bride some words of wisdom to take home and read over BEFORE the ceremony. And then to be kept in a keepsake book to re-read AFTER the ceremony...on those days when the "happily ever after" is threatened. The common thread I noted in peaking through the book was most definitely keeping the Lord first in your life and maintaining a very close personal relationship with Him through daily Bible study and prayer.

To that, I say "AMEN."


IMG_0600


IMG_0614


IMG_0617


I LOVE catching happy moments on my camera. The Bible says "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine."


IMG_0620


IMG_0622

Have I mentioned how deeeee-lish the cake was?


IMG_0624


Prizes


IMG_0626

I win, I win!!!

IMG_0643

Oooooooh! Presents!


IMG_0644


IMG_0648


IMG_0659

I heart this little lady! One of my piano students.

IMG_0660


IMG_0669

How cool is that??


IMG_0674


IMG_0724

An aspiring photographer.

IMG_0678

A nifty little picture book complete with hand-drawn pictures from a little cousin.

IMG_0688

Hugs for the artist!

IMG_0692


IMG_0696

A super gift for a couple about to live life on the road.

IMG_0700

Mom presents Barb with the keepsakes book...the colors of her wedding. Good choice, Barb!

Love them.


IMG_0707


IMG_0708

A few words of wisdom for the bride from the Word of God.

IMG_0721

A wise young woman...listening intently and drinking it all in.

IMG_0723

And now a last prayer for the bride-to-be and her upcoming marriage to the wonderful KW!

IMG_0725

Thanks for coming everyone!

IMG_0726

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP