Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chris Martin - A senior

Chris and I go waaaaaayyyyyy back. So far back, I remember when he was nothing more than a bump. And then...he's going to love me for this...I remember changing his diaper. And I remember a baptism or two in baby barf. By total immersion.

But that's all in the past. That bouncing baby boy is now a nearly highschool grad. And a good looking one, I might add (don't let that go to your head, Mr. Martin).

Chris' parents are very good friends of mine. They were members of the church that I grew up in and my dad pastored for many years. Jen & I sang together. I used to hum out parts with Matt for the choir (in fact...one year I sang and recorded all parts for an abbreviated form of Handel's Messiah for a choir cantata...now that was some good times wasn't it, Matt?). Jen was my matron of honor in my wedding and Matt was one of the groomsmen. He had the honor of wheeling my husband out to the Bridal Chorus at our memorable wedding. But that's a story for another day.

Jen and I started planning a senior photo date last summer, but all attempts at scheduling failed. But in a moment of panic, Jen called with a few possibilities, and the date was scheduled and actually happened this time!

IMG_3274

IMG_3298c

IMG_3290

IMG_3301

IMG_3317

IMG_3321

IMG_3332

IMG_3346

IMG_3363b

IMG_3444

IMG_3410

Chris is the typical male highschool grad: He loves his car. That might be slightly understated. More accurately, I think he's obsessed. He has grown up with a myriad of car parts laying around the back yard (much to Jen's dismay) and therefore, his set of wheels are as souped up as they can get (legally speaking). So he brought his hot rod along for a prop. Complete with "how-to-shoot a cool car" instructions. Seriously. He did all but pull the trigger on the camera. Good eye, Chris. You might have found your calling in life. :)

IMG_3475c

Chris Martin, it's been a pleasure watching you grow up from the little brat that you were to a fine young man. I hope the next 4 years of Bible college aid your future as you seek to serve God with your life. I look forward to shooting wedding pictures next (big sly grin).

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP